Thursday, October 1, 2009

.lovely notes on falling leaves.

I'll admit it. My heart is happy. I love October.

October feels the most fallish. And it when the leaves start to change colors, which delights my soul like you wouldn't believe. And when a tree that is changing colors stands in front of a sunset that is painted with oranges, red, and purples, I'm left breathless. Hello, October! I'm so glad you're here!

My birthday is in October. It's a perk. God designed me just right.

I love the crunching sound of the leaves as I walk through them. I don't exactly know why, I just do. And the smell of fall - oh my word, I can't help but smile as the crisp air bubbles fill my lungs and sting just a little.

I think part of why I love fall so much is because, just like spring, it's a time of change. I am always changing. God is always working in those changes. Fall reminds of God's faithfulness. Especially on November 20th. He is just so good! He shows himself everyday - and I want to see him more and more.

It is just so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment